Quote Originally Posted by sundewzer View Post
How was the quality on your PM25? I am in the middle of my conversion on the 30MV. The biggest issue was when I moved any of the axis before I tore it down there was a horrible grinding noise from the grease being loaded with sand, I am guessing from the castings. Also I received it half the screws were loose including the largest one holding the column on. I will a little shocked when I was able to remove two of the 4 bolts by hand. All the lead screw except the y axis had powder coat on them along with a couple of the mating surfaces. One of my Z axis bearing was missing a ball. I am just unlucky or do I need to lower my expectations? I know for the price one can't expect perfection but from all the review I read I was expecting a bit better then what I got. I also have a lathe from them inbound on the slow boat and I am a bit concerned. Should I just plan on doing a full tear down on that as well to get everything cleaned up? I know there is no way I would have ran this mill out of the box.

I have everything for my conversion sitting in the corner taunting me. I don't want to cut into the base until I get the conversion kit. David and ArizonaVideo is diligently working on them and I think it should ship this week.
when I gotten my pm25mv I wasn't too happy with their quality neither I complain about it little to Precision Matthews for the money I spent on it, I was expecting something little nicer. It’s a must doing a full tear down to get everything cleaned up and adjusted again, I feel like I shouldn’t had to gone thru this , but ½ a day later once done very thing worked out great, , Don’t buy the stand! The stand looks nice but I had problems with mind it rocking around on the floor I have a new house and the mill is in the basement I didn’t want to drill holes in the new floor, I ended up buying square steel tubing and leveling caster now it’s lot more solid, I think making a stand or buy a tool box would be lot better option, I also read the reviews before buying and comparing mills I’m happy I chosen Precision Matthews in my opinion I believe there better than others out there
I made all of my parts at work/ I just received my ball screw from chia I’m getting close I need motors and few more smaller stuff
like to see pictures of your mill and after the conversion , what are you going to put your electronics in?