Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
Ok. Disconnect power. Test continuity with a multimeter between each wire on the 3 phases for the motor and earth (U, V, W, PE). See if there is a short.

If there is, pull the way covers off, disconnect the motor from the loom, should be 2 connectors 1 for power (4 wires) 1 for the encoder (15 wires I think). Test continuity between each pin on both the loom side and motor side to see which side it’s on. Also do a visual inspection of cable/connector etc. Could well be coolant inside the connector or worked it’s way into the motor housing itself.

Now would be a good time to replace both those connectors with proper IP67 or 68 rated waterproof connectors, whilst you’re at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
there was a short between all three phases but not to earth. Just got to figure how to get to the motor and wiring. If I have to disconnect the servo motor from the ball screw is there anything I need to know. Not a lot of room in here to get at anything. There was a lot of aluminium swarf under the concertina cover before I cleaned it out. Is there a better type of cover available for them.

Attachment 424968