587,832 active members*
3,630 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Have Tree 310 w/ 3 phase power. Best solution to hook to my shops Single Phase 240 V

Hybrid View

Re: Have Tree 310 w/ 3 phase power. Best solution to hook to my shops Single Phase 24

Quote Originally Posted by UtahSmitty View Post
    Ok... I thought a good carbide bit might do it. I'm a little confused, though... all of the toolhoolders I checked had a gap between the spindle nose and the toolholder flange, what I understand you calling the top of the flange. It seems to me that if the collar's too thick, you'd have to take material off the tool bit side (bottom??) of the flange to allow the collar to operate.

Just wondering...

Smitty
    OK, a senior moment, I'm 70 so I can have those. I did those about 5 years ago. You made me get up from my chair and go out the the shop to look at a modified tool holder. You are correct, I did take the material off of the tool bit side.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: Have Tree 310 w/ 3 phase power. Best solution to hook to my shops Single Phase 24

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    OK, a senior moment, I'm 70 so I can have those. I did those about 5 years ago. You made me get up from my chair and go out the the shop to look at a modified tool holder. You are correct, I did take the material off of the tool bit side.
    LOL No problem. I'm 65, and my senior moments are turning into hours... thanks for all your help.

Smitty