PNaedele,
I'd call quickly... Dyna itself is kind of kaput, I believe. They have no presence in San Jose at all, and I don't think they have any manufacturing elsewhere either. Although their website is 'up', I think it is being serviced by an ex-employee that has branched out on his own. The big question, however, is how long he will be providing that service. It could be a long time or it could be next week. I believe he has Dyna's old phone number, though, so you can try calling him. I'm told he is quite nice and very helpful.

bkobernus:
Thank you for posting that writeup and information "packet". I am hoping to pickup a 4400M in the next few weeks. One thing I noted on it, however, was that its switch panel looks different than others. I've got a photo somewhere that I can send, but between that and the fact that the machine has a 4th axis, it makes me wonder if the logic ladder might not be different (which I assume is the M3 parameter list). This, then, brings me to a different question entirely....

Do you know how to *download* all of the parameters currently in a machine so that you can back them up? Whoever generated that M3 parameter file probably has that information. I think the best solution for me would be to download the file for safekeeping just to be sure there aren't different flavors of M3 based DM4400M mills out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	425436