Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
There is no difference between any VFD Drives it does not matter where they are manufactured or by who they all put out the same EMI, if they don't then they are not
power up

How cables are placed shields are Grounded play a big part of a noise free system

Placement of the VFD Drives in a separate cabinet can sometimes give a false impression that you don't have a noise problem

I know what you mean about putting the VFD in a separate cabinet can give a false sense of security re EMI. I put mine in a separate cabinet mistakenly believing it would make a huge difference. It didn't. What made the difference was proper grounding, and a good line filter. On my first machine, where the spindle cable was not properly grounded (grounded at only one end), noise didn't interfere with operation, probably because I put the spindle cable in a separate cable chain running in the opposite direction and physically separated from the other cabling. I'm guessing that the physical separation and distance kept me from suffering from noise induced issues, despite the fact there was still a lot of noise.

On my current machine, I have the spindle cable running in the same cable chain as stepper and proximity switch cables, which seems to be the more conventional setup. Proper grounding and filtering lets me get away with it.

Thank you so much for your willingness to help us get our systems working properly. I got my VFD settings from your various posts (2.2 kw HY), and learned the proper grounding and filtering methods from the information you have so often provided. Your specific product suggestions were also very helpful. You are a valuable resource and much appreciated.

Gary