Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
Thanks a lot....it's all starting to make sense now.

Before I blow things up...….I'm rebuilding a jig borer to mill capabilities and the motor is a 3/4 HP 3 phase 1400 rpm that I want to use with the VFD.....the problem is there are 6 wires coming out of the side of the motor that are not identified or connected to any terminals so they are an unknown factor.

Testing them with my ohms meter I have found that there are 3 pairs of wires with continuity.....the three phase windings etc.

As I need to connect them in Delta formation, is it possible to connect any three of the sets to any three of the other sets for the delta configuration...... are 3 of the wires the start of the respective winding and the other 3 the end of the winding and can I connect any end/start wire to any other end/start winding wire?

How would you identify the winding starts and ends.....or doesn't it matter with A/C as long as the 3 sets are in Delta?

I'm basically familiar with the configuration of Delta and Star connections etc, but I'm not sure if the ends can be connected to the other 3 ends without being in phase...sketch attached.
Ian.
Your drawings are a little off, ring out the coil / winding pairs and then Label / Number them then in a clock ways direction you can draw how it should be wired like the snip

1 and 6 =L1 or U
2 and 4=L2 or V
3and 5=L3 or W