Not so with the production time (I think)…... ….probably was a fact some years ago...……..I ordered a highly bespoke machine that was being built from the ground up under very unfavourable conditions, a lot different from the basic catalogue model, and due to a lot of re-organising moves he was forced to make I had to wait for 2 years before the machine was in my sweaty hands...……. but now that he's established I would think that the lead time is better and production would take a first in best dressed attitude...….he does make a good job of the machine but that's just my experience and opinion.....other people may have an experience that is different.

What you must understand right from the start is that you are setting yourself up as a direct importer with all the costs which that entails instead of just going to your local machinery dealer and choosing one from stock or having one ordered in to your requirements.

The dealer has done all the work and stands the risks and costs etc...…... that is why you have to pay his margin to ensure you get a machine (that you can see and touch) delivered tomorrow.

I took a calculated risk with knowledge of what I wanted and luckily, despite all the naysayers, it paid off......what other options have you got if you want to cut out the middle man?

I would say that you can save approx. 30% - 40% off of a regular showroom floor model by going direct...……..do the sums very carefully and calculate the outcome.....you can't have it all ways.....and with the tariff restrictions ya'all have incurred that has made the ball game very slanted but not in your favour.
Ian.