588,231 active members*
4,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas mill and lathe overvolt power problems

Hybrid View

I just checked the voltage and it is at 241 volts between the 2 lines. The highest jumper goes from 221-240 and the transformer toward the bottom of the cabinet goes from 224-250
    Since the voltage is at 241 that is 1 volt over what the jumper says. Could that cause the problem i am having? How do you correct the voltage?

Re: Haas mill and lathe overvolt power problems

Quote Originally Posted by dabularach View Post
    I just checked the voltage and it is at 241 volts between the 2 lines. The highest jumper goes from 221-240 and the transformer toward the bottom of the cabinet goes from 224-250
    Since the voltage is at 241 that is 1 volt over what the jumper says. Could that cause the problem i am having? How do you correct the voltage?
    On the T5 that should be ok as that is just a 24v transformer the main Transformer should be ok as well with the Jumpers in those positions, mine are the same and I have 245v on average
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    On the T5 that should be ok as that is just a 24v transformer the main Transformer should be ok as well with the Jumpers in those positions, mine are the same and I have 245v on average
    Any suggestions what else to check? It is so wierd that they ran and now after sitting the mill and lathe both have the same alarms. Is there fuses in the power supply i should check? I see to open the box up you have to detach it from the back wall

Any suggestions what else to check? It is so wierd that they ran and now after sitting the mill and lathe both have the same alarms. Is there fuses in the power supply i should check? I see to open the box up you have to detach it from the back wall
    Call Haas some of the service Tec's may have an Idea of what is happening , have you tried to clear the alarm with ReSet button
    Mactec54

Actually just got a response from haas. Here it is

Dave,

Sounds like the battery is gone and hopefully the processor is ok. We would need to make a service call and if you want us to set it up please send us the SN of the machine and some contact information so we can quote the job. I have copied our "Service" e-mail. Please respond to that e-mail as well to get the best response for your inquiry.

Thank you,

Mark

Yes i did try to clear the alarm several times. It counts down from 15 and shuts off. Every time you press reset it resets the count but thats it

Yes i did try to clear the alarm several times. It counts down from 15 and shuts off. Every time you press reset it resets the count but thats it
    Your first thoughts where right they must of been shut down too long it pays to power them up every 2 weeks just run them through a cycle spindle warm up Etc and leave them on for a few hours, they use very little power just sitting for a few hours

How old are your machines
    Mactec54