587,481 active members*
3,066 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Large Epoxy granite VMC building

Wow you have made really good progress since your last update a few weeks ago. The castings look really good. Can't wait to see this put all together.

Are you going to level your machine by machining the column and base surfaces or going to inject leveling epoxy in-between?

Quote Originally Posted by AutomatedIngen View Post
    Wow you have made really good progress since your last update a few weeks ago. The castings look really good. Can't wait to see this put all together.

Are you going to level your machine by machining the column and base surfaces or going to inject leveling epoxy in-between?
    thanks mate, yeah I finally start making something about this machine, to much money stalled already so work needs to wait a bit XD
    I'll be making outside work until Nov 8th then it's all for the machine until the end of the month... so expect more updates soon, also I should be taking the pieces to the big mill wednesday or thursday.

I'll be injecting moglice in between the pieces.

ok guys, it's been a while since I posted updates and there are quite a few. So I finished the saddle mold and filled it:

here's the final piece:

after these parts were finished I went to my friend shop and he has huge machines so he machined my way and ballscrew holder surfaces to spec:

final results:

after the machining I add some color to it:

Couple of days ago I finally placed the column on the base, this is the first actual piece of the machine going for the right place! huge step in the build, finally started the actual build!

now I finally could mount the rails and ballscrew for the Y axis in the base:

and get the saddle ready to go in the base, all lubrication tubing and so on (I got told that these oil distributors are garbage so I'm now waiting for the right ones, I have zero experience on this so yeah noob mistake, anyway I have easy access to this so I can put the saddle in place and then replace the part without any problems)

so saddle in place:

also mounted the X rails ballscrew and motor! all ready for the table!

now it's staring to look like a mill!