Register for free
Login

Thread: TNG Progress

Hybrid View

Re: TNG Progress

Excellent, downloaded and installed ... thanks

Hello,
    TNG V.2: error detected with the M3 and M5 spindle commands. Is there something wrong with my configuration?
    Attachment 430270
    Attachment 430272
    Attachment 430274

You should delete your old scripts. TNGv2 has much more powerful scripting options but unfortunately syntax is different from old TNG.

Ok thanks, I preferred to uninstall the V1 and the old CNCUSB since this PC is not the production one.
    A question, how do you configure the 8 additional inputs of the EXT IN card? I see that there is the monitor in the IO panel but I don't see how to configure them.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    You should delete your old scripts. TNGv2 has much more powerful scripting options but unfortunately syntax is different from old TNG.
    I have the same errors when trying to start the machine. Nothing works. Some files don't even load that were no problem on CNC-USB software. Frustrated....
    But where are the old scripts that I need to delete? For that matter, if there are old obsolete scripts somewhere on the machine, the installation probably should remove them automatically?
    Box Joint and Dovetail CAM software here: WWW.TAILMAKER.NET

Scripts are not "somewhere on machine". They are in scripts folder of your profile

You probably installed to same location where old TNG was. Of course we will not delete your existing scripts.

TNG supports g-code that is compatible with LinuxCNC, Mach4 and Fanuc. So there should be no problem finding decent postprocessor. If you do have g-code that does not work then please send it to our email.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Scripts are not "somewhere on machine". They are in scripts folder of your profile

You probably installed to same location where old TNG was. Of course we will not delete your existing scripts.

TNG supports g-code that is compatible with LinuxCNC, Mach4 and Fanuc. So there should be no problem finding decent postprocessor. If you do have g-code that does not work then please send it to our email.
    Thanks, but you need to have a little mercy with us users who are not Windows wizards. I managed to find the scripts folder eventually, deleted everything and then indeed the software works.
    The postprocessor was not the problem, just installing the software in the default place which happened to be where V1 was installed with the old scripts.

Machine is running now, still need to fine tune the settings concerning I/O. One thing I noticed is that the machine sounds differently when running. This is with NEMA34 steppers and Gecko drives on a MK3/4.
    On the old firmware the stepper sound was just a kind of a melodic note, pitch depending on the speed. With the new firmware, the sound is kind of hoarse but I don't know yet if it makes any difference in terms of machining. Maybe I should hook up a scope sometimes and watch the motor voltage and drive pulses. Does the new firmware generate the motor drive pulses differently?

TNGv2 uses same step engine and motion profiler as TNGv1. With same settings sound should be the same.
    If you are comparing to old CNCUSB then there is a major difference. TNG is much better.

Thanks, that works.
    Looking good so far!!

The installer doesn't give you the option to choose a different install directory, so it always overwrites the TNGv1 install. Could you either change the directory for the TNGv2 install or at least allow the user to select a different location in the installer. Without this it is not easy to have the two version coexist on the same machine.

Cheers
    Simon