588,039 active members*
3,970 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Centroid Acorn experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by islaww View Post
    At first I would have assumed you weren't paying attention, but now it seems that you may have difficulty reading the English language. I will repeat: They all make money for me. I have no favorites. That said, controls that fall out of favor, like UCCNC, only do so because they are problematic and/or cause me to lose customer credibility. I will say this slow, just for you: I don't use UCCNC because the machines run better on other controllers. Period.

You haven't answered my question. Have you tried Centroid control, or are you simply an internet fanboy that pretends to give qualified opinions based on a total lack of comparative experience? Why don't you be honest and say: "I have never tried it, but I know it's no good."
    Well, Mr.Centroid contractor, yes I'm a fanboy because I like the software is there a problem with that?

You are right about that I have not tried the Acorn, I never said I did and I will not try it because of the following game stoppers for me:

1.) Outdated DOS looking UI.
    2.) Non customisable UI. I cannot even place a button with a custom function.
    3.) Only 4 motors support. I need 4+1 for the 3+1 axis machine with gantry plus the rotary tube cutter.
    4.) Does not support plasma THC.
    5.) Too high price for a control lacking the above features.

Re: Centroid Acorn experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Well, Mr.Centroid contractor, yes I'm a fanboy because I like the software is there a problem with that?

You are right about that I have not tried the Acorn, I never said I did and I will not try it because of the following game stoppers for me:

3.) Only 4 motors support. I need 4+1 for the 3+1 axis machine with gantry plus the rotary tube cutter..
    islaww has nothing to do with centroid he is just a user installer and has installed and used UCCNC as well and as he said did not work as well as Acorn which I have found to be the case also, none of these controls are perfect they are hobby level controls and that about sums it up

As usual though you don't know what you are talking about you can add more motors if you need 2 motors for a Gantry you only need ( 1 ) port so you can use any step/Dir output like this some Boards already have this built in for Gantry Control from 1 Axes output signal driving 2 Drives so the 4 axes board can do 4 + 1 and more if you need it

What button do you need to add that it does not have
    Mactec54