587,661 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Y axis stalling when I jog

Hybrid View

Re: Y axis stalling when I jog

Try looking at your motor tuning. The axis should not loose steps when jogging.
    Look at your acceleration and speed settings. Reduce settings until the problem goes away.

It may pay to check to see if you have any mechanical binding on that axis. This will add to the problem.
    I do this by removing the stepper and manual winding the ball screw through the whole travel in both directions.
    Sometimes you will get binding in only one direction...sometimes both....Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Try looking at your motor tuning. The axis should not loose steps when jogging.
    Look at your acceleration and speed settings. Reduce settings until the problem goes away.

It may pay to check to see if you have any mechanical binding on that axis. This will add to the problem.
    I do this by removing the stepper and manual winding the ball screw through the whole travel in both directions.
    Sometimes you will get binding in only one direction...sometimes both....Good luck.
    When I run it manually or jog it for a couple of minutes it slowly starts to acts normally - the axis runs fine.
    Also, I do not have repeatability of the stall - one run in x+ runs fine, while the other run in same direction is slow...

If it was out of tune, I guess every run would be the same - with stall, and no "warm up" would help, I guess.

I assume that I have some electrolitic capacitor that is bad on my amp board. I think that I do not have some kind of mechanical blocking - when I swap amps, the axis is working fine, while the problem follows amp.

Thank you all for yours opinions and advices. If my electronic repair guy finds no faults, I will try with tuning.

I will share the results because of other guys with similar problems.

Did it!!!

Thanks a lot, guys. My electronic guy found nothing, and I tuned my amp (for the first time). My values were 800,700,and 590. Now they all are 595 - 600. Also, when I tried to run the test program, I had motor overload error. When I tuned the current pot, I had zero problem left

Everything is working perfectly.

Thank you very very very much.

I had to listen to you first, not to follow my fadal inexpirienced intuition.

Best regards!