Hi,

The spindle is rated for 12,000 rpm but the servo motor is rated to 3000 rpm (1.8Kw, 6N.m and 18N.m peak). I plan to gear the spindle with 3 options 22:56 , 56:20 , and 40:40 (Spindle:Servo) They are 8M HTD pulleys

So the maximum spindle speed I can obtain is 7636 rpm. When I designed the system I planned to use the 8000 rpm variant of the spindle however the seller offered a very reasonable price for the much more expensive 12,000 rpm unit so I decided to go for it. Unfortunately I cannot find a pulley ratio that fits in the space that is able to make use of the 12,000 rpm the spindle can offer (either they cannot take the torque or they need more space than I have available). In the future I may use a gear box on the servo, there are some available that bolt onto and are compatible with my assemble with no modifications. However I suspect vibrations at a higher speed may become a problem.

Here is the link to the youtube video of the pattern build:

I have cast the bracket but unfortunately I may need to re-cast this as I made some mistakes when making the mould. Its been 2 years since I last cast some metal and I have forgotten a few tricks. The biggest problem is I didn't include a riser to feed part of the cope. As the metal cooled it contracted in this area and has lead to large shrinkage cavities on that surface of the bracket. I'm going to try and cast the bracket again and include a riser and fix a few other nags with the mould. Ill post the video of the failed casting on here when I have edited the footage and you guys will see what I mean.