Hi,

Dmm have a good system and at a lower cost DMM
Nowhere in their sales litrature, catalogue or user manual can I find any reference to dual encoder sensing.

Very strange you talk about Omron servo Drives as they don't make one them selves, for years they used to be Yaskawa rebadged with there name as did others also, but changed a few years ago,
That sounds about right, I seem to recall doing the job about end of 2016, I recall the part number was almost identical to Yawakaw servos. I was told
at that time, incorectly probably, that Omron owned Yaskawa. I do recall they were bloody expensive and I thought at the time 'they may be good but they
aren't worth that much'.

EtherCAT (Ethernet for Control Automation Technology) is an Ethernet-based fieldbus system, invented by Beckhoff Automation. The protocol is standardized in IEC 61158 and is suitable for both hard and soft real-time computing requirements in automation technology.
Ethercat Masters are royalty free however Ethercat Slave devices have a licence fee 'embedded in the cost of the slave FPGA'. The licence fee is payable
to EtherCat Technology Group and Beckhoff Automation. Page 2, FAQ EtherCat Technology Group:

http://www.ethercat.org/pdf/english/ethercat_faqs.pdf

Craig