I'd take mastercam well above bobcad if the price was the same . Mastercam's cad is superior to bobcad as is the the cam . I find the cad portion of bobcad painful , especially since they've recently taken simple things like line join from the menu bar .
Bobcad is a bit weak in options for 2d machining but it is pretty solid in regards to surfacing which is what I work with the most . I can't recall any crashes since using v31 and it's pretty solid , v30 on the other hand was unusable . I definitely cannot complain about the support I've had with bobcad and they've treated me well . I don't like the fact that fixes are rolling into updates and are only available through the maintenance package .

Overall , cad/cam boils down to needs and preference . I've used mastercam for quite a few yrs in the industry and I am very comfortable in that software . As much as I'd love to have it , bobcad cam is a very functional package that suits my needs and is very powerful for the price range . If I owned a higher end shop with a lot more cash flow then I'd be running mastercam for the power of the cad and cam . As it stands I use a separate cad software then import to bobcad