588,217 active members*
3,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Building the most versitile BOB for ESS

Hybrid View

Re: Building the most versitile BOB for ESS

I'm still waiting on some IC's to arrive. The USB interface chips are coming from China and COVID has everything backed up in customs.

Post a schematic, I am interested to see what you have. I usually use optoisolators when doing that type of interface where a level shift is occurring also. Differential/Receivers have a good bit of isolation as well and are very immune to noise.

Re: Building the most versitile BOB for ESS

Quote Originally Posted by maxspongebob View Post
    I'm still waiting on some IC's to arrive. The USB interface chips are coming from China and COVID has everything backed up in customs.

Post a schematic, I am interested to see what you have. I usually use optoisolators when doing that type of interface where a level shift is occurring also. Differential/Receivers have a good bit of isolation as well and are very immune to noise.
    Not good...hopefully you will get them soon. I am using my old LPT port pc and Mach3 for testing. The bus transceiver i used for level shifting seem to work well, still deciding whether to add high speed opto couplers for step/dir signals too.
    No issues with motion through Mach3....Sorry i don't have a schematic to post