Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett View Post
I spoke too soon. It turns out the grounding I've done, at least so far, hasn't solved the problem. It appears that in my exhaustion trying to problem solve this I connected the SuperPID's PWM terminal to the - terminal of the Arduino/Ramps control board by mistake. I was so happy that it wasn't running at FULL RPM that I failed to notice it was running at an INVERTED rpm. Whatever speed is called for in my G code is SUBTRACTED from the top speed of 30,000rpm. Thus a S10000 results in 20000rpm and a S25000 results in 5000rmp. While that is better than nothing, I still would like to have this working properly.

One thing I noticed is that the PWM on the SuperPID is ENERGIZED with 5v. Without connecting the Arduino/RAMPS to the PWM terminal on the SuperPID I can measure +5V on the SuperPID's PWM terminal. Is that normal?

It certainly isn't what the Arduino/RAMPS is expecting. The Arduino is ENERGIZING a 5v circuit according to the duty cycle. I can confirm with a multi-meter connected to the PWM+/- terminals that I get 66% duty cycle for S20000 and 33% at S10000, so the problem doesn't seem to be with the control board. Why would the PWM terminal on the SuperPID already have a load?

Anyhow, does this INVERTED rpm give anyone a hint as to what is wrong?
Super-PID V1 and V2 expects a positive going PWM pulse train between 0v-5v., where if the pulse train duty-cycle is close to 100% positive will result in the router running at its fastest speed.
It is NOT expecting any kind of RAMP voltage. If you want to provide the Super-PID with a varying voltage value that ramps up from 0v to 5v you need to make the connection to the Super-PID terminals as the instructions indicate where the wiper of a potentiometer would be connected to the terminal block.

Here's a novel idea, why don't you post a schematic for how you are connecting your device signal and the type of signal you are sending to the Super-PID, i.e. ramp vs PWM, etc. from your Arduino, and to which Super-PID terminals your connections are being made.

If you are sending a PWM signal from your Arduino to the Super-PID, are you employing any router shaft encoding speed signal feedback to your Arduino? If so, your connections should look like that shown on page 23 of the Super-PID V2 Instruction PDF.