587,629 active members*
3,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Enable, direction to FWD,REW

Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
    Many drives don't have the capability to run in ENA/DIR mode
    I have not seen one personally. All drives I have worked with, be it brand names or AliExpress, had that capability one way or another.

In YL-620-A, the main FWD/REV inputs are indeed not reconfigurable, but it has 4 configurable multifunction inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    I have not seen one personally. All drives I have worked with, be it brand names or AliExpress, had that capability one way or another.

In YL-620-A, the main FWD/REV inputs are indeed not reconfigurable, but it has 4 configurable multifunction inputs.
    I have seen many, since we sell interface devices, some that have only ENA/DIR/Analog outputs, we have had a lot of experience with this issue

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post

You are right. It is the first CNC I made with spindle. All previous builds were with routers, I had no experience with spindles and their inputs. I made 6 axis control board with Atmega2560 (I will use 3 axis with option for additional rotary one and two other maybe for putting - pushing material on vacuum wasteboard) and all outputs and inputs are through optocouplers with dedicated power supply. I use 24V for inductive limit switches and 5V for other outputs. I put optocouplers on enable and direction pins but I made it that it is zero or 5V output I should leave just optocoupler output unconnected.

Attachment 446452
    Attachment 446454
    Attachment 446456
    Raspberry pi with touch screen (but used with remote keyboard and mouse now with Teamviewer and attached usb camera, it is nice to watch youtube in other room and check machine remotely from time to time) as CNC computer
    Attachment 446462
    This is one of my previous light build 750x450x150mm work space with attached 15W laser. Its purpose was woodworking but it does aluminium from time to time. As it can be seen I used router. I work with spindle for the first time. Sorry, I am not a machinist I am BD in EE making software for living and building CNCs for my friends who are doing woodworking and aluminium jobs is my hobby. This new one should make steel molds for casting aluminium, but friend also wants to be able to make wooden parts for casting in sand and maybe adding vacuum table with automatic MDF loading, I hope it will work. All CNCs I made (5 till now) work and work well. I love design electronic circuits and like welding and grinding, I only use CNC when I need part for a new machine or case for electronic so I draw just simple things in Solid works and Fusion, beginner projects in machining holes for connectors or just cutting and drilling aluminium plates.

Here is new electronics
    Attachment 446458
    Attachment 446460
    New machine 1200x750x200mm work space is almost done it moves fast 10m per minute very fast and strong but I have to attach spindle and lasers and I will post pictures when I finish all.

So as you see I use spindle in my project for the first time.

This forum is great because I learned a lot. Thank you all.