587,613 active members*
4,624 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Autocon PLC Assembler for MTB

Basic was used to write and compile the ASSEMB30.exe program. It does not help us with our PLC files.

I had a look at my PLC file a few years back. If I recall correctly I was able to disassemble the file but it can't reproduce the metadata to make the variables or address tags recognisable so it's a bit difficult to follow the logic. In my case I saw that there were some undocumented M codes implemented but not currently supported by the hardware on my machine.

I'll have a look at my notes later as right now I'm busy rewriting my Fusion 360 post to fully support continuous 4th axis milling. It's a bit of a pain as Javascript doesn't support "-0" integers and all the post processors written by Autodesk wrongly assume that it does and none produce correct code for Dynapath style 4th axis.

RT

Re: Autocon PLC Assembler for MTB

Quote Originally Posted by cngbrick View Post
    Basic was used to write and compile the ASSEMB30.exe program. It does not help us with our PLC files.

I had a look at my PLC file a few years back. If I recall correctly I was able to disassemble the file but it can't reproduce the metadata to make the variables or address tags recognisable so it's a bit difficult to follow the logic. In my case I saw that there were some undocumented M codes implemented but not currently supported by the hardware on my machine.

I'll have a look at my notes later as right now I'm busy rewriting my Fusion 360 post to fully support continuous 4th axis milling. It's a bit of a pain as Javascript doesn't support "-0" integers and all the post processors written by Autodesk wrongly assume that it does and none produce correct code for Dynapath style 4th axis.

RT
    Thx RT...no need to check your notes. I found a SR file for this machine I 'm working on....now I need to figure out the 4th axis feed problem.