Took some time to make an adapter for my new probe. It came with 3/8" shank (TTS version was $80 more expensive). I was going for a shrink fit, but it ended up with a superglue fit...

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
Not sure why the error checking in GetStockSize was removed.
Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
There is no movement in GetStockSize, so shouldn't be any other error checking than if there is a problem getting the values from the screen.
Which was not a good call on my part... Found during testing that, when I had forgotten to input stock values when doing center probing, the system only moved DISTANCETOMOVE before lowering the probe, so the error checking of stock values are back.

I also found that all right bottom corner probings would call left bottom corner instead, so the program called when doing right bottom corner has been updated to the correct program. In addition, the debug text was inverted when it came to Reset DRO. This has also been fixed.

When doing Find_Z, the probe would stop right at the top of stock. I have now changed it to raise to SAFEZ.

Still need to decide on how much to move when doing centers. The full stock width/depth plus some extra with the risk of running out of travel or require the starting position to be close to center of stock and travel only half the stock width/depth plus some extra. What are other peoples opinion?

To check how big the program is, is it correct to copy the content from one of the calling programs into KMotion.exe -> C program and hit Compile? If so, I got a total of this current version of 65456. Is that the correct size of the program as it is now? If so, I guess removing a bunch of the debug printf's would get it down under 64k.

I have tested all outer probing and the internal edges, but no corners or centers. I'll leave for work on Friday, so I won't have the chance to do any more testing until I'm back home in about 2 months time.

Br,
Stig