587,158 active members*
3,192 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Machine Parameters

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post

i don't know Al_The_Man from where did your idea come, thus i always thought that you only reply, not also start threads ( it may be just me, whatvever, i rarely see you, maybe because i am a bit blind, or something )
    My ideas?
    Well as to the post in particular, it mainly comes from observations starting in the '80's when I first got into the CNC side of servicing and retro-fitting, also from different forums such as this, where pleas usually end up.!.
    I don't post as much as I did 17 years ago when I became a moderator.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Re: Machine Parameters

We figured out that none of our powermate d/f's or our omc backed up correctly using rs232. We have over 1000's machines with fanuc in them and never had issues with 16i,21i, ect ect just the real old powermates and one omc.. Books so old and faded on the omc you cant read it so cant make out the pmc parameters or option parameters to hand type in. We lost everything and the machine builder from 35 years ago says they don't have it so we are stuck. Tried to post on here to see if anyone gots the option paramaters from a machine like it but no one responded.

We did figure out that if we use a f-rom card to back up the powermate d/f's it works fine to load back in but if we back up the pmc on our computers it will not load back in. Had fanuc come out and they said its just too old and our newer computers are messing up the file when it transfers to our computers or something. They couldnt even back it up on their computers and get it to reload in. We don't have many powermate d/f's left but for now we are buying a bunch of f-rom cards off ebay to put in each machine with powermate d/f's for back ups of ladder since you cant get a computer to use a f-rom card to take off what ever you loaded on it.

But we are still stuck with the omc with no option parameters and one powermate that wont back up because it gives a 950 alarm when you try to back it up on f-rom. Cant change its card out to fix 950 cuz we don't have a back up to put on the new card.

Point is some people asking for parameters did back it up. Then when they needed to use the back up they found it was corrupt and doesn't work. So we learned to back up then load back up back into machine to make sure it works when backing up. Also if they lost back up or it got corrupt its very hard to get the machine maker to give you the info from 30 years ago when they made it.