587,089 active members*
3,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huajiang VFD H100 and 1.5KW Spindle Speed Control

Hybrid View

Re: Huajiang VFD H100 and 1.5KW Spindle Speed Control

Mactec54,
    I read the Chineseglish manual, and most of it made sense, save for a couple very poorly worded sections. The VFD was not setup to match the spindle as indicated by the seller. So I did my best to fill out the gaps, from what I could find. I believe this VFD is messed it will not respond properly to 0-10v signal for 0-24,000 RPM. I will order a new one and start again. Speed Control via Mach3 is critical to most of my programs.

Appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by clockstick View Post
    I believe this VFD is messed it will not respond properly to 0-10v signal for 0-24,000 RPM.
    Do I see jumper J3 set to "I" instead of "V" in one of your photos? Of course the VFD will not respond to 1..10V signal then.

Mactec54,
    I read the Chineseglish manual, and most of it made sense, save for a couple very poorly worded sections. The VFD was not setup to match the spindle as indicated by the seller. So I did my best to fill out the gaps, from what I could find. I believe this VFD is messed it will not respond properly to 0-10v signal for 0-24,000 RPM. I will order a new one and start again. Speed Control via Mach3 is critical to most of my programs.

Appreciate the help!
    As CitizensOfDreams has said check that all the Jumpers are correct, by default they should of been correct

Also Parameter F073 in your posted list should be set also F073 =100 if not your speed range will not match your spindle speed
    Mactec54

OK,

I have set all the parameters as suggested. The jumper was incorrectly set, that must have been my fat finger when I was checking that they were properly jumpered.
    Now;
    F03=400
    F11=120
    F12=0
    F014-F021 = 5/7s (accel/deccel)
    F027=30
    F041=6
    F073=100

BUT NOW Mach3 will not start the spindle, I was concerned that I killed my spindle without knowing it. I checked the breakout board spindle off = 0.0V SPindle on 24,000rpm = 10.01V So not mach3 or the breakout board.
    So I next tried to set the VFD back to the front keyboard and potentiometer, and manually selected run on the VFD and set 120-400hz and worked properly.
    Now that I know the VFD and SPindle work properly I went back and set;
    F001=1
    F002-1
    Tried to start the spindle from Mach3 again and failed. Did nothing, no reaction for the spindle, but the VFD front screen does indicate 400hz, and when I turn off the spindle in mach3 it does return to 0 but no reaction to the spindle.
    Can you gentlemen see anything that would cause the odd behavior above? I am beginning to think more and more that my VFD is bad out of the box.
    Thanks for your help, I thought I had a good grasp on this but apparently NOT!

Tried to start the spindle from Mach3 again and failed. Did nothing, no reaction for the spindle, but the VFD front screen does indicate 400hz, and when I turn off the spindle in mach3 it does return to 0 but no reaction to the spindle.
    Do you have the FORWARD signal properly connected to the breakout board? Does the signal change when you turn the spindle on in Mach3? Did you accidentally change parameter F044 when you played with the VFD setings?

OK,

I have set all the parameters as suggested. The jumper was incorrectly set, that must have been my fat finger when I was checking that they were properly jumpered.
    Now;
    F03=400
    F11=120
    F12=0
    F014-F021 = 5/7s (accel/deccel)
    F027=30
    F041=6
    F073=100

BUT NOW Mach3 will not start the spindle, I was concerned that I killed my spindle without knowing it. I checked the breakout board spindle off = 0.0V SPindle on 24,000rpm = 10.01V So not mach3 or the breakout board.
    So I next tried to set the VFD back to the front keyboard and potentiometer, and manually selected run on the VFD and set 120-400hz and worked properly.
    Now that I know the VFD and SPindle work properly I went back and set;
    F001=1
    F002-1
    Can you gentlemen see anything that would cause the odd behavior above? I am beginning to think more and more that my VFD is bad out of the box.
    Thanks for your help, I thought I had a good grasp on this but apparently NOT!
    F044 it needs to be 02 for Forward

J2 you need switched /jumper to NPN

Something else you may need is another Ground / common for the X1 connection this works sometimes as a 3 wire connection but most need 4 wires as this may be independent isolated connection on your Breakout board
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    Do you have the FORWARD signal properly connected to the breakout board? Does the signal change when you turn the spindle on in Mach3? Did you accidentally change parameter F044 when you played with the VFD setings?
    F044 was set to 02 forward, and it is correctly connected from X!(VFD) to Out1/FWD BreakoutBoard. Yes the breakout board sends 0v off to 10V for 24000 rpm as it turn it off and on, i verified voltage at breakout terminals and VFD terminals. The VFD does react on the front of the VFD to the appropriate HZ setting but it does not energize the spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    F044 it needs to be 02 for Forward

J2 you need switched /jumper to NPN

Something else you may need is another Ground / common for the X1 connection this works sometimes as a 3 wire connection but most need 4 wires as this may be independent isolated connection on your Breakout board
    J1 is set to NPN so is F067 = 0 - NPN
    J2=VO
    J3=V
    J4=OFF
    J5=X6

Do you mean another ground in addition to the BOB GND to GND (VFD)? A second wire from GND(VFD) to the ground bus bar?
    The thing is this thing was turning on with Mach3 before, but not controlling speed, now I can not seem to get it to turn on via Mach3 to even see if the setting changes are affecting it or not.

I appreciate your help! this thing was supposed to be pre-configured to match the spindle, but it was not.... and the vendor was less than helpful.

UPDATE: I decided to take my breakout board from my Plasma table and connect it here to definitely illuminate the breakout board. It seems I fried this one somehow likely fat fingering that jumper. In any event I have the spindle turning on now. And it does change speed but not as it is supposed to. for example when calling for 10k rpm in mach3 the spindle runs up to 24k, when calling for 4k it runs at 15.8k, when calling for 1k runs at 4k.

F044 was set to 02 forward, and it is correctly connected from X!(VFD) to Out1/FWD BreakoutBoard. Yes the breakout board sends 0v off to 10V for 24000 rpm as it turn it off and on, i verified voltage at breakout terminals and VFD terminals. The VFD does react on the front of the VFD to the appropriate HZ setting but it does not energize the spindle.

J1 is set to NPN so is F067 = 0 - NPN
    J2=VO
    J3=V
    J4=OFF
    J5=X6

Do you mean another ground in addition to the BOB GND to GND (VFD)? A second wire from GND(VFD) to the ground bus bar?
    The thing is this thing was turning on with Mach3 before, but not controlling speed, now I can not seem to get it to turn on via Mach3 to even see if the setting changes are affecting it or not.

I appreciate your help! this thing was supposed to be pre-configured to match the spindle, but it was not.... and the vendor was less than helpful.

UPDATE: I decided to take my breakout board from my Plasma table and connect it here to definitely illuminate the breakout board. It seems I fried this one somehow likely fat fingering that jumper. In any event I have the spindle turning on now. And it does change speed but not as it is supposed to. for example when calling for 10k rpm in mach3 the spindle runs up to 24k, when calling for 4k it runs at 15.8k, when calling for 1k runs at 4k.

Check the connector on the Breakout Board where the FWD connection is it may need its own common as you do have 5 terminals, The ( 2 ) connections 0-10v and FWD are ( 2 ) different circuits and should have different common returns
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Check the connector on the Breakout Board where the FWD connection is it may need its own common as you do have 5 terminals, The ( 2 ) connections 0-10v and FWD are ( 2 ) different circuits and should have different common returns
    Yes I did meter out each one. And FWD remained unchanged no matter which ground reference I used, for spindle on or off from Mach. This lead me to try the second breakout board. I believe I may have toasted the Breakout board doing this, but seeing as my plasma table does not need spindle control, I put this one in. It works well now. The only problem I have is that whatever Mach Commands the spindle will try to run and will ignore the minimum speed of 6000rpm I set in the VFD settings. So I will need to make sure that my CAM software has a minimum output of 6000rpm.