588,033 active members*
5,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > No spindle orientation - Vector drive tuning ??

Hybrid View

Re: No spindle orientation - Vector drive tuning ??

...just a thought....exposured dip switches to age can cause problems..try flipping on off on off on all Dip switches and cable plugs on the AMC unit...double check SETP for your model too

Re: No spindle orientation - Vector drive tuning ??

Will try the DIP switches .... already had the cable plugs in/out multiple times ... SETP has been played with, both up and down .... is now back to "book value". I am thinking that if that did work/help .... changing it is probably a band aid for whatever the real problem is ?
    Everything looks pristine inside the AMC box, looks like brand new inside .... not even any dust in there ... but who knows.

The whole deal appears to be its "looking" for some feedback .... as the spindle does slow when told to stop ... but misses its "home" signal or something as the last step of stopping. If I had some sort of flow chart for the AMC operation, I could perhaps verify that, but have read elsewhere of people trying to get documentation for them from both AMC and Fadal service providers ..... but they just passed the buck between themselves and neither would come to the party.

Just had a thought .... one thing I didn't check when testing the wiring from encoder and hall switch was whether any outputs were on ground or shield wires as well ... just went pin to pin. Its possible that something has rubbed thru somewhere and I have a signal to ground/shield short which would give a weak or no signal ? Worth a check anyway ...

Thank you for your input ... much appreciated