Quote Originally Posted by klrskies View Post
i dont mind a reasonable fee...I may even upgrade as I like the software. i imagine fusion 360 has made it tougher to be in the business these days. I like owning something I can afford to use and get a question answered once and a while. Im older though....i understand others may see it differently. thanks for the responses.
Ken
Me too Ken! I'm also older and have had Dolphin CAD for over 10 years. Dolphin was the first CAD program I had ever used and had to teach myself which is difficult as one ages. I found Fusion 360 a bit too much for me to learn, so I started to use OnShape which is also a cloud based program. It's great and super easy to learn, but there's no CAM. In fact, I didn't use Dolphin Cad for a number of years because all I had was a plasma table, and OnShape was great for the drawings and Sheetcam did all my CAM needs. A few months ago I converted a CNC router and found myself needing Dolphin Cad again. I upgraded my V-10 to V-14, and purchased a dongle. I like the idea of now owning the program, and not relying on a third party.
I can't recommend Dolphin Cad enough! It's an excellent program, fairly easy to learn,inexpensive, lots of online tutorials, and Andre has always been able to help me through difficulties over the years. You will not get this kind of service from any other Cad/Cam software, IMHO. Now I just need to relearn how to use it all over again.
Dan