588,515 active members*
5,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Wiring of control box for VFD help - included rev1 design

Hybrid View

Re: Wiring of control box for VFD help - included rev1 design

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have to consider with your industrial experience there systems are not turning off these high speed spindles and are also operating with 3Ph power and most machine would have a Breaking
    So Estops for this type of install have to be configured so the main supply power is not remove until the spindle has stopped

So enough of what the industrial builds require, and show a better solution for a Single Phase Build that have more hurdles than any industrial system to over come, they don't compare to a Single Phase Hobby Build
    That is exactly what I posted, it is a very simple way to conform to safety requirements and also cause no stress or damage to the VFD.
    If the OP needs it, I can post an example schematic.
    Every system, whether amateur or professional should have a legitimate E-stop circuit.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Re: Wiring of control box for VFD help - included rev1 design

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    That is exactly what I posted, it is a very simple way to conform to safety requirements and also cause no stress or damage to the VFD.
    If the OP needs it, I can post an example schematic.
    Every system, whether amateur or professional should have a legitimate E-stop circuit.
    Implementing it is another thing everyone should be using a Safety Relay in the Estop circuit this is the best way to do it, the biggest problem is to get the motor stopped before the mains disconnect which is not so easy with some of these cheap VFD Drives
    Mactec54