587,840 active members*
3,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Cannot home x axis on 84 Brugmaster vtc 150 with Fanuc mainbd # A16b-1010-0050-036A

Hybrid View

Re: Rs232

I don't have it set up for DNC yet. If your machine has general numeric control I would think the process is the same. Could you give a brief description of how you do this? I found a curious thing the last time I messed with the mill. I was able to enter M06 T8m in MDI and it did rotate to that tool number. Am I correct in thinking that this should be a complete tool change request ? All it does it rotate to the correct tool position. I also saw a strange thing happening in MDI. When I entered that simple command to do a tool change, the control was dragging in the code from the one program I am able to get to run. This should not be happening ? The Fanuc may have deeper issues. Do you know how to clear the program that always shows in message window as a fault program No 00078
    Thanks,
    Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pancheau View Post
    I don't have it set up for DNC yet. If your machine has general numeric control I would think the process is the same. Could you give a brief description of how you do this? I found a curious thing the last time I messed with the mill. I was able to enter M06 T8m in MDI and it did rotate to that tool number. Am I correct in thinking that this should be a complete tool change request ? All it does it rotate to the correct tool position. I also saw a strange thing happening in MDI. When I entered that simple command to do a tool change, the control was dragging in the code from the one program I am able to get to run. This should not be happening ? The Fanuc may have deeper issues. Do you know how to clear the program that always shows in message window as a fault program No 00078
    Thanks,
    Scott?
    ...this may help if and when the RS232 port is needed. there should a DB25 Plug some where on the control box.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/91429-forum.html

...So, in MDI the TC Mag move to the correct T8 pocket is good news. and yes TxxM6 would be the format. I see some Buttons on your control marked Tool Change Lock/Unlock etc etc..do they work in JOG MODE? Try M30 or M2 in MDI might clear the program problem. Post more Screen photos may help

DJ.

Thanks DJ,
    I got the maintenance manual I ordered and found out how the tool change is supposed to happen. I have the spindle out and the roll pins for orient position cam are sheared off. Hope things will look better when I get it repaired and back in. I will look up the info you referenced on downloading the parameterrs.
    Thanks,
    Scott