Managed to do some testing on the ballscrews today. One of the things that had me worried was if i chosen the right preload for the ballscrew. As usual i have no idea what i'm doing, so i just took an educated guess;-) Sort of anyways....

Well, i hooked it up in a test-setup on a table:
Attachment 461558

Then i jogged it back and forth and the driver says ~20% load max of the rated torque...almost the same at slow speed and full tilt(30m/min)... which is somewhat higher than i expected(hoped?)...but... is it too high? What is normal here? I am told that the servo's can run up to 300% for a period(30min), but i guess that lower is always better...

I've also checked the linear rails(which are rollers, also with heavy preload), but even though they are a lot harder to move than the average "chinese knockoff", it requires no where near the torque as the ballscrew does as far as i can tell. So i'm not worries about excessive torque waste here(maybe 1-2% ekstra)...

My thought was that i could change the balls in the ballscrew to a smaller size...maybe.... i'll have to contact HiWIN and ask if that is the procedure(anyone?) and if i can purchase the smaller balls... but first i'll have to decide if i'm happy with the current dragtorque or if i need to do something to lower it...

Any inputs are greatly appreciated!