587,735 active members*
2,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > J325 with BEI Encoders reused in retrofit

Hybrid View

Re: J325 with BEI Encoders reused in retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    This might help you with the scope. https://doc.ingeniamc.com/venus/prod...oder-interface

This shows what to normally expect, any deviation is normally noise or a bad encoder. Is best to use a 4 channel scope if you have one, but a 2 channel or even a 1 channel can be used. Normally 5V pulses.
    I have some trace captures but I am getting close to sure the encoders arenot working properly. I tested the x-axis A, /A, B and /B ,of the four only one channel had a signal close to 5V, the others were approximately half and had a strange double step. I know pictures would help but I am almost certain that a "NEW BUILD" thread is in my future. I got a quote from DMM for three axis motor kit and when you consider everything is new and the cost of replacing encoders is approaching half the cost of the kit it becomes clear that modernizing is good...

Quote Originally Posted by lavrgs View Post
    I have some trace captures but I am getting close to sure the encoders arenot working properly. I tested the x-axis A, /A, B and /B ,of the four only one channel had a signal close to 5V, the others were approximately half and had a strange double step. I know pictures would help but I am almost certain that a "NEW BUILD" thread is in my future. I got a quote from DMM for three axis motor kit and when you consider everything is new and the cost of replacing encoders is approaching half the cost of the kit it becomes clear that modernizing is good...
    The green trace looks like A and B (or /A and /B) are shorted together

Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
    The green trace looks like A and B (or /A and /B) are shorted together
    The wires were all exposed - I could try putting some caps on. The encoder has Z and /Z so I should check those...appreciate the observation!!!