587,083 active members*
2,675 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Skyko Pixie P100 search for users opinion

Hybrid View

Hi Leo and Harmen,

I am sorry if you have had problems getting in touch with me. I have been quite busy on a big project recently and perhaps did not see your emails as promptly as I should have. Also, make sure you are emailing me to a proper address: [email protected] is the main email for Skyko Technologies business. Please note also that if you are ordering outside of the USA it will take extra communication to arrange payment, shipping costs, etc. This is a board I designed for the hobbyist market and I am not making a huge profit per board or shipping large volume. Even so, I still try and help each person with tuning their system and debugging problems.

Thanks,

Richard Everett
    Skyko Technologies

Pixie boards

Thanks for your reaction.
    Leo

Richard,

Like Leo, Thanks for your reaction.

Now were in touche again, de ordering is going to get all right!

Thank!

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    Hi Leo and Harmen,

I am sorry if you have had problems getting in touch with me. I have been quite busy on a big project recently and perhaps did not see your emails as promptly as I should have. Also, make sure you are emailing me to a proper address: [email protected] is the main email for Skyko Technologies business. Please note also that if you are ordering outside of the USA it will take extra communication to arrange payment, shipping costs, etc. This is a board I designed for the hobbyist market and I am not making a huge profit per board or shipping large volume. Even so, I still try and help each person with tuning their system and debugging problems.

Thanks,

Richard Everett
    Skyko Technologies
    Hi Richard,

I'm curious if you have an idea why this has not taken off for you better than it has? Is it because of the lack of knowledge about the motors it was intended to allow diy guys to use and they are just afraid, or are the motors still too expensive? This is something I would love to try, but with Mach software being in a constant state of change I don't know which direction to go. Art is working on a Delta Tau plugin and the newest version of Mach called Quantum . I'm personally a little confused as to which way to go.

How do I go about looking for the proper motors? Just like I would for steppers or brushed servos, other than the fact that the amps needs to be matched and probably come with the motors?

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hi Mike,

I think the Pixie P100 fills a small need in the cnc hobbyist world and as such is worthy product. Since you will have guys using other motion devices (steppers, or servos with a drive like the Gecko) not everyone has a need for the Pixie. Also, it could be the fact that I have done very little advertising. I have made a few posts on cnczone and a couple on CCED and that is it. Anyway, I am happy to see those that do use them have a good experience.

I have found hands down the best source of motors and amplifiers to be ebay - if you know what you are bidding on. That surplus center deal on the Sanyo motors was also nice, but those don't come around so often (I only bought 6 of the 1kw motors)

Rick

Hello Rick,
    I have a Mazak H20, with Fanuc 6MB control, and I want to retrofit it with Mach3 and pixies. It's 4 axis, and I believe that the motors are M20 for X,Y,Z and M10 for B, DC yellow cap.
    I want to know how you wire your Fanuc servo amp. in your shizouka, because I believe that it will be the same for my mazak ( since the control is the same).
    I am doing my research, also I am reading a lot, but I still don't get it on how to conect the encoders, servo motor resolvers, servo amp. with the pixie in order to close the loop.
    I know that I will need to add encoders in all my axis, but I want to know what kind of encoders are the correct ones for pixies.
    Also can I use the pixie for the spindle drive? Its a Mitsubishi DL-SBZ, I do not now the brand of the motor, I only know that it's 20HP.

Thank You,

Jorge Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    Also, make sure you are emailing me to a proper address: [email protected] is the main email for Skyko Technologies business.

Thanks,

Richard Everett
    Skyko Technologies
    I have been trying to contact Skyko for about a week now with no response. I tried the above email as well as the order email on the web site, also the forum on the their web site. I hope everything is OK, I just have a couple of questions before I order 3 Pixie-100s.

Vince