Login

Hybrid View

Another thread same issue, he is getting 60 ipm after tightening his
    acme assembly up....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=23664&page=3
    menomana

Primer/paint

Hello David,

First off I would like to thank all the Joes2006 builders for all the great ideas and tips. I am sorry you are having problems . But as you said this is a learning experience. Maybe your misfortune will save countless hours for someone else later. Well the reason I am in your thread is because of entry #58 and #59.
    I am hoping next weekend will be warm enough for me to paint. I want to use RustO you know which paint "hammered look" I already have computer with two tone silver/blue, looks good so I would like use it again. My dilemma , is I can not find a definitive answer on what primer/sealer to use. So if you or BP092 good enlighten me I would be most happy

Thanks again to all you good folks Kent

Quote Originally Posted by calgrdnr View Post
    Hello David,

First off I would like to thank all the Joes2006 builders for all the great ideas and tips. I am sorry you are having problems . But as you said this is a learning experience. Maybe your misfortune will save countless hours for someone else later. Well the reason I am in your thread is because of entry #58 and #59.
    I am hoping next weekend will be warm enough for me to paint. I want to use RustO you know which paint "hammered look" I already have computer with two tone silver/blue, looks good so I would like use it again. My dilemma , is I can not find a definitive answer on what primer/sealer to use. So if you or BP092 good enlighten me I would be most happy

I just used the Rust0 sandable white prime on mine which sealed the MDF fine after 2-3 coats.

Quote Originally Posted by calgrdnr View Post
    Hello David,

The sandable primer that was mentioned is probably your best bet for canned paint. That product was used by a wide range of joe 2006's builders and I love the stuff. It protects the wood but you can scuff it down perfect for a final finish. I believe it is about $3 and change a can at HD. Top coat is your choice, I would say go with a flat or semi gloss. If you go with a high gloss your nicks and bangs will show up significantly. But then again it is a machine isn't it (nuts) . I went with david and did rustoleum white semi gloss (painters touch) it's a blue can with a white top. (Home depot around here is a disaster for finding stuff. Primers are mixed with top coats, polyurethane with random paint. crazy.. Also you mentioned the cold. We in connecticut have had quite a cold front lately, a mild winter up until now. I wouldn't personally do any painting of any product in anything less than 50 degrees. And 50 is pushing it. I just spray in 50ish and let it dry, all the overspray gone and let it cure inside. But I'm afraid of even leaving the stuff to sit outside for even a half hour in this weather. Have fun

Thanks for the quick replys on Paint question, I went ahead and bought a compressor and HVLP sprayer (I have a metal equipment rack and roll away that could use freshpaint) So I have been looking for the sandable primer, but haven't found any thing like that in the big box stores , I'll try find a paint store and see if they have it. thanks again Kent