588,342 active members*
4,792 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

What do you think about the machine. Have you had any problems with it, customer support and etc? What kind of tolerances are you holding on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Duval View Post
    The Syil is a better machine for the money. It'll run circles around the Tormach. I own one so I may be a little biased however. I own a 2018 cast iron base model. The new mineral based model is an even better machine. You should contact them for pricing as I believe it is going to come in a little higher in the price range than the Tormach based on just adding the Siemens control.

Re: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

My machine has been great. I find the LNC M5800 controller to be pretty straight forward to use. It rapids faster than I am comfortable with so I usually run it at 50% rapids or less. I don't run large enough batches of parts to track it's repeatability. My parts are always within the tolerances I try to hit. I usually try to work within a .001 in or .02 mm. I rarely miss and if I do it is becasue I wasn't paying attention. It is a better machine than I am a hobby machinist.

About the only issue I have had with the machine was the automatic oiler was mounted a bit too high and it was siphoning out into the coolant tank. Other than that it has been problem free at least for other than the ones the operator creates.

Support for me has been good when I needed it. I have always gotten a response from an engineer when needed. I must admit though that hasn't been needed much. The facebook group is pretty solid and there is plenty of info available there. I haven't had any need for parts replacement at this time so I can't offer an educated opinion on that one.