587,613 active members*
2,961 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Arduino > Arduino Based Zero Touch Pad

Hybrid View

Re: Arduino Based Zero Touch Pad

Depends.
    Don't understand, why you want to involve Arduino here. Anyway, doesn't harm.
    The sensor brass plate isolated eletrically from the body and +24V is connected to it through the action relay coil. The tool tip brings the body ( ground ) potential.
    When the tooltip touches the brass plate, loop is closed and action relay activated. You have the signal and closed / open contact to stop fthe movement and whatever you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    Don't understand, why you want to involve Arduino here. Anyway, doesn't harm.
    I'm not really sure if I need the Arduino either that's why I'm checking into it.
    I could probably get by with a simple touch light circuit like the one attached, But I would think the Arduino based touch off plate would be more accurate?

I know the Arduino's have been used like that before, At about 8 minutes into this YouTube video it shows sort of what I'm looking to do with just the touch off plate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPmQpd9rLw&t=3s

At this point I'm not looking to try to get the Arduino to display the height or control the motor.

For my router table I don't plan to use a CNC spindle like in the video, Mine will just be using a portable hand-held plunge router mounted up-side-down in the table.
    To control the routers lifting I'll just be using a 24V DC gearmotor controlled with a simple PWM controller (pic attached).

Here's a little more information on how the Maker Barn connected their digital controls to the Arduino.
    https://www.instructables.com/Digita...r-Router-Lift/

Doug

Here's a YouTube video showing a Arduino & the KY-036 sensor controlling a relay board that turns a standard light-bulb on & off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQxF8tKccgI

I figure it could also be used (and re-configured) to just switch off the 24V DC gearmotor when contact is made?

Doug

Searching around on a little more I think maybe this standalone 5-pad capacitive touch sensor - AT42QT1070 & a relay board should work out ok with-out the Arduino?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxGipGvLiw

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    The sensor brass plate isolated electrically from the body and +24V is connected to it through the action relay coil. The tool tip brings the body ( ground ) potential.
    The router motor is basically a modified hand-held power tool & it's double insulated so there's no ground connection. The motor will be off (DPDT Switch) during the tool zero set process, So there's no chance of a ground potential.

The power supply I'll be using is a switching power supply, So that will also help a potential ground problem.

Doug