587,608 active members*
3,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: DAC Spindle Speed Feedback

Hi Sean?

Cannot see any axis move should it be in the lower the S box ?
    ?? No the KMotion.exe Axis Screen

Attachment 466898

It would have been helpful to describe what physically happened and post the raw data. Also include the Filter and Configuration Screens.

A is crazy low so the commanded position barely moves several counts.

I Gain is crazy high so even with tiny error the Output ramps a lot quickly.

Regardless of being configured oddly the result is very strange. See in the plot the output curves up to ~1200 counts over about a full second. This should be about 6V not the 10V you mentioned. But its strange the spindle does nothing at all while being commanded over 50%. Then the spindle suddenly jumps about 50 counts (1/4 rev) and stops. Because of the low A we should have only moved about 2 counts so this is a huge overshoot. The Output immediately slams to 100% full reverse. Yet the encoder continues to show weird "steppy" positive motion of approximately 1/4 turns.

Please verify the encoder is counting properly. You might also command DAC commands from the Console Screen to verify the VFD is behaving properly. ie it can be commanded slowly, reversed, fast, etc.

BTW are the encoder signals connected to Kanalog differential? Or are you leaving inputs floating?
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Re: DAC Spindle Speed Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    No the KMotion.exe Axis Screen
    yes the position is moving looked like missed counts or something weird , checked factory installed holed disk and was seeing +/- 0.25mm runnout have remounted it today and not missing hole edges .
    4 of the holes at 90degs are actually slots for indexing i guess so was picking up these and some holes

It would have been helpful to describe what physically happened and post the raw data. Also include the Filter and Configuration Screens.

A is crazy low so the commanded position barely moves several counts.

I Gain is crazy high so even with tiny error the Output ramps a lot quickly.

Regardless of being configured oddly the result is very strange. See in the plot the output curves up to ~1200 counts over about a full second. This should be about 6V not the 10V you mentioned. But its strange the spindle does nothing at all while being commanded over 50%. Then the spindle suddenly jumps about 50 counts (1/4 rev) and stops. Because of the low A we should have only moved about 2 counts so this is a huge overshoot. The Output immediately slams to 100% full reverse. Yet the encoder continues to show weird "steppy" positive motion of approximately 1/4 turns.
    I have now attached test 4 plots and raw data after making sure encoder is counting properly , the output goes into reverse but spindle doesn't reverse as anything below 0v is stopped so the motor just slows down

You might also command DAC commands from the Console Screen to verify the VFD is behaving properly. ie it can be commanded slowly, reversed, fast, etc.
    DAC Commands in console screen work ,after i realised have to disable drive from step/response screen DAC0= -51 is the slowest i can get and works all the way up to DAC0= - 2047.

my VFD only accepts + 0-10 v i am controlling direction with bit 154 and 155 into a latching relay . (is there a way to have the step/response screen move not to go negative voltage)

BTW are the encoder signals connected to Kanalog differential? Or are you leaving inputs floating?
    I thought this maybe the problem single ended into the differential on the kanalog board (before i noticed the hole problem ) so i rewired the encoder into pin 13 and 14 on the KFLOP JP7

i hope this makes it clearer as to what is happening

and thanks again for your continued patience

Sean