Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
Sounds like you are going to have a few issues. That's normal with cnc. Electrical interference can be an issue. I had some problems with that. I like to run shielded twisted pair wire that solves a lot of issues. I just had a problem where I removed the metal shield from a DB-9 connector. I had problems with false signals indicating a load on the servos which I don't have. I was surprised such a small break in the shield can cause problems. For the spindle hunting if the wires are not securely fastened try moving them and see if the problem goes away. I would also check the speed signal with a voltmeter.

A minimum spec PC for the acorn is pretty cheap. I got one that exceeds it for $150. Used of course. It did have a solid state drive so that was nice.

Have you asked Novakon for a pdf of the manual?
Forgot to mention I plan to pickup a i3 10300f cpu for $106 and $60 410 board. I have a spare 16gb DDR4 and I'll swap over the GPU, supply and case from my other pc. I looked at buying an older Dell or something like that but honestly the newer processors are so much faster then even a 3 or 4 year old high CPU thanks to AMDs Ryzen joining the race again.

Sent from my BE2025 using Tapatalk