Ok well then knowing those budgets I would say they are in the same ball park. I did not get the total of either packages, since it wasn't really my job to handle the economical side of things.
But I believe GibbsCAM was more around 9.5k USD yearly, package price I do not know, while EdgeCAM was more like 25k USD in initial package payment, yearly I can't recall.
I can probably ask my former colleagues of the exact prices if you are interested?

The thing that made EdgeCAM stand out to me, was the fact that it was open, not closed behind pay walls. Buying a kit here and a kit there to extended the software capability.
A larger initial cost compared to GibbsCAM, but a less cost in the long run with full access and configurable to the end users own desires. Without needing to utilize support that costs x amount of units/hour!
Oh and they both had CAD built in to their software, which in both cases was very powerful, and not at all hard to learn after a session of an hour or two with a tutor at their disposal.
EdgeCAM also includes some tutoring sessions for free.