Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
Fusion defaults to oversize stock with the part centered in it. So if you're picking a stock box point origin it's not likely to be at the edge of your part. Use the 'fixed size box' and set it to your stock size as a way to eliminate that possibility. At this point that's what you need to do... eliminate possibilities one at a time until you find it.
I think the issue is related to the way I’m setting my origin too, so for testing I wanted to try and change my origin to model box point. But when I do this I run into a funny issue and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Say the stock is .23” taller than my model, so I want to remove .23” off the top of the block. I have my top height set to stock top and my bottom to model top. When I use stock box point it runs as it should (but off center). When I use model box point instead of the Z going down to -.23” to make the cut it runs at Z0. When I run this on the machine the probe just barely skims the surface of the part. Do I need to offset my Z height that the probe sets? Or is something else funny happening here? Thanks for the help!!