587,850 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > ER16 "Quick" Change Collet Chuck System

Threaded View

Re: ER16 "Quick" Change Collet Chuck System

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    I have a few holders and special nuts left. The tool holder is machined slightly differently from the original sets. (Though, they interchange)
    What you will get:
    1 Special ER16 Spindle nut (Clover opening to accept the ears on the tool holder
    1 Wrench to fit the Special Spindle nut above
    5 ER16 QC Tool Holders with ER16 Collet Nuts

You will have to supply your own wrench for the ER16 nut.
    NO Fixture block for tightening. You will have to make it yourself. Just an aluminum block clearanced for the taper and the 3 ears.
    $169 shipped USPS Priority Mail.

PM me if interested. When these are gone, they are gone.
    Let me clarify a couple of things. These were a design based on the original Dyna Mechtronics DM 2000 series tool holders. These were made in China by a large company that makes tooling. The project never got off the ground, so I am selling these to recoup my investment in the project. They well made, but being sold as-is, for "parts" I assume no liability for their use and you are expected to use good practice in their use. There are over a dozen sets out there with no problems. I get asked what their run out accuracy is. .001" or better.

The way they work is that there is a special ER16 spindle nut with 3 cut outs where the ears of the tool holder go through. There is a 0 on the nut and there is a 0 over each ear of the holder. The 0's must be in alignment when tightened up. You get the feel for how to clock the nut in order to ensure the assembly is properly secured and aligned when tightened. See the attached pictures for a visual.

I can't have these made again, today they would be much more costly, and I don't think the market is there. If I got a lot of response, I would go back and ask for an updated quote.
    By agreeing to purchase, you understand what you are getting into.

Marty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210901_120643825.jpg   IMG_20210901_120725038.jpg