588,554 active members*
5,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Digitizing

Hybrid View

Re: Digitizing

hy, is possible to use the cnc, in order to measure complex parts, by using a 3d taster, or a renishaw, so to 1st gather data

such data can be analyzed, even if a random software disc is corrupt don't worry about the disc, but about how to get data out from machine; if this is not possible, then get a pen and a piece of paper

please share a few parts, so to have a clue about needed shape complexity; also, for calibration process, i need to know desired accuracy, so to be sure that measuring process is accurate enough / kindly

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy, is possible to use the cnc, in order to measure complex parts, by using a 3d taster, or a renishaw, so to 1st gather data

such data can be analyzed, even if a random software disc is corrupt don't worry about the disc, but about how to get data out from machine; if this is not possible, then get a pen and a piece of paper

please share a few parts, so to have a clue about needed shape complexity; also, for calibration process, i need to know desired accuracy, so to be sure that measuring process is accurate enough / kindly
    Yes i have done the pen and paper thing on some parts. The machine is capable of sending the digitised points to a PC program for then converting to cnc code. All i need is a program that can save these points for that to happen. It is already set up with a probe
    Regards Bob

hy it may be possible to analyze data without a software

if you wish, please share a few exemples

hy it may be possible to analyze data without a software

if you wish, please share a few exemples
    For one example intake and exhaust ports on a cylinder head. Also combustion chambers
    Regards Bob

aa, pfff, i don't know how those look like, but jim does

i am asking, in order to understand if shape is 2 2.5 3d; also, is posible to simplify data, because some 3d shapes can be handle by 2d toolpaths

so far, i have measured 2d beziers, 2.5 shapes from a part that was casted, and 3d tilted cilinders

are you going to a fancy race, or something ? space rockest with exaust ? kindly

aa, pfff, i don't know how those look like, but jim does

i am asking, in order to understand if shape is 2 2.5 3d; also, is posible to simplify data, because some 3d shapes can be handle by 2d toolpaths

so far, i have measured 2d beziers, 2.5 shapes from a part that was casted, and 3d tilted cilinders

are you going to a fancy race, or something ? space rocket with exhaust ? kindly
    Haha no space rocket. The idea of digitizing the ports is to get best flow characteristics in one port then digitize to pc and end up with a cam file to then cnc port the rest of the ports to the same dimensions
    Regards Bob