588,201 active members*
4,882 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma OSP5000 - Tool table.

Hybrid View

Re: Okuma OSP5000 - Tool table.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    If i may ask, how long did it took you to learn how to edit the post processor, and change it, in order to deliver what you want ? and please, what is machine configuration : 1-2 spindles, dual turret, y, full progamable / quill extent tailstock ?
    Well it took me about 20min to figure out howto rewrite the postprocessor for this machine.. I wrote a scratch one for my old Siemens 810M a couple of yers ago (it circulates on the forum)..
    And i rewrote the 810D one to be more parametric for my milling machine..

For this okuma machine i downloaded the official one, identified all the crap in it and threw it out and rewrote some of the threading stuff so it fits this older system.
    My machine is a single spindle, single turrent, fully programable chuck and tailstock. (with some hardware issue atm).

But.. i have been a systems developer for banks and meditech the past 22 years.. so bit of javascript in fusion is not the big issue for me, its more of a understanding what the heck im implementing. D

Re: Okuma OSP5000 - Tool table.

i have been a systems developer for banks and meditech the past 22 years.. so bit of javascript in fusion is not the big issue for me
    okey i recently started creating an okuma postprocessor, and i realized that most of it's complexity comes from integration of okuma special functions, that are not on other machines, so making it run a non okuma cnc would mean to simply disable all those okuma specifics, then change the syntax of simple g-code

as a consequence, i realized that this kind of approach will work on a more general case, like fixing compatibity issue between any kind of cam and any kind of cnc

i guess now you are after fixing those dnc and chucking issues, but, if anytime you will need something, or think of doing something that is not common, i will try to help / kindly