587,770 active members*
3,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > 4 Axis Controller Wiring Question

Hybrid View

Re: 4 Axis Controller Wiring Question

A 1987 Hardinge Conquest 42. Originally had Fanuc OT controls, live tooling, 10 station turret. I bought this in 2017. Up until a couple months ago, it was still running the 7.5kW original spindle motor, but replaced that with a 7.5kW SureServo2 from Automation Direct because I needed full C axis capability. A great old machine, very repeatable, but I wish I had a Y axis and a sub-spindle. I wrote my own CNC system software to run it.

Nice project. I'll be interested in seeing your progress. That's a lot of really expensive oak there, I'll bet it's going to look great on your house.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: 4 Axis Controller Wiring Question

Amen brother that is an oldie but goodie. We actually have one at our shop where i currently work. LOL and you code! Man you got it all going on pal! Yea I can't wait to retire so I can play around all day "D So sick of doing for other people...
    It's nice having a little side gig to make some extra cash and doing stuff like I'm doing. I'm hopefull to do it for some suplemental income when the time comes to retire Lord I make it that far (fingers x emoji)

We'll definitely keep you posted on the project process and thanks again for all your help! I'm ordering all my compnents today in hopes that they make if by weeks end next week so I can begin prelim bench testing during the holiday week off. Merry Christmas to you and yours friend!