Ok, so long time since I posted to this thread. After spending almost 3 years trying to get my shop set up, I came to the realization I need to just get rid of some of my machines as I'll never have time to get them working and learn how to program them. So...

I put the Tree 310 up for sale. However, I still haven't figured out how to isolate the spindle so I can run it with a VFD and use single phase power for the rest of the controls, etc.

I thought I had a manual with drawings, but, after 3 years I can't find them.

So, I'm asking for some help... I have uploaded some pictures that show the wiring. The 240 V 3 phase comes into a smaller cabinet (Electrical cabinet.jpg) at the back of the machine. There's a main switch on the right side (when looking at the panel), and wires running to the lube motor which is 3 phase. There's a number of contactors or relays, but the 3 phase power leaves the cabinet on the left side. It is a bundle of red and black wires with one green ground wire, which can be seen in the picture.

Once the wire enters the larger cabinet (CNC Cabinet.jpg), it goes through 3 fuzes, then two of the wires, L1 and L2 go into Transformer 2 (the smaller one above the much larger Transformer 1) and also to the small relay to the left of the transformers. The 3rd wire from the fuzes--the red one on the left at the bottom of the fuzes, goes up to the top of the large terminal block which is labeled "AC Bus Input" (upside down in the red area at the top) on the right of the Baldor drivers.

The controller is a Dynapath Delta 20M (Dynapath D20 Tag.jpg). The machine serial number and info is shown on the picture (Tree 310 Data Plate)

So, I hope that is enough information that someone could help me know where to disconnect the 3 phase power and run it directly to the spindle motor, and where to connect single phase power (240 or 120 V as needed).

I have a static phase converter that's rated from 2 to 5 hp, and have a 7.5 hp VFD coming that should be here Monday. I'd appreciate any recommendations you might have.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Smitty