587,374 active members*
3,277 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Help! How to unlock this old granny's arm on FANUC 11M, Roku Roku Vertimac-F
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Help! How to unlock this old granny's arm on FANUC 11M, Roku Roku Vertimac-F

Quote Originally Posted by lkuchars View Post
    Hey it is in correct position, I'm sure of that. I spent whole day yesterday on learning how to read those damn ladders and managed to trace m06 process. There are no timers I can change between ARMDOWN register set to 1 and ARM180rotate coil commanding Yxxxx.x in PMC. So I'll be moving limit switches little further down today.
    Good luck, something caused it to be out, the switches never changed, you need to find what is causing the problem.
    Mactec54

Re: Help! How to unlock this old granny's arm on FANUC 11M, Roku Roku Vertimac-F

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ..there's an adjustable Flow Control Valve most likely some where to control the speed.

https://www.google.com/search?client...hyd+flow+valve

Hey, this is priceless advice! I was not aware. I'll start googling because that might be best solution yet.

Mission accomplished. No timers in ladder for m06. Moved limit switch 5mm lower:

https://youtu.be/j_wzSK-XPOQ

Congratulations :cheers:
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Congratulations :cheers:
    Thanks. Best thing is that I learned so much on how to diagnose faults in this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by lkuchars View Post
    Thanks. Best thing is that I learned so much on how to diagnose faults in this machine.
    That's good!
    Do you have the parameters backed up, as well as any macro's ??
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    That's good!
    I have parameters printed out on paper. It came with machine. I don't know about macros. I did not connect PC to RS232 yet and don't know how to back them up myself. From what I undestand 10/11/12 series used bubble memory which was kind of impervious to loosing data? I might be wrong. I'd like to backup everything myself once I connect PC.

This weekend I'm planning to change oil in head assembly. This machine has kind of cooler on the back which keeps oil circulating around the spindle to keep temp in check. Seals on head assembly are old and leaking. I'll replace them and change the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    That's good!
    Actually macros are provided by MTB too ? What are macros for ? Are they executed by NC like normal code ?

Macro's a 'stored' code routines, that can be called up in a program.
    I don't recall the memory location, (it's been decades) but they should be stored along with all other volatile parameters etc.
    If you have the operator manual, it should list the method.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

nice machine you have...classic 1984 Tech

get your programs here? was one option. Back to the Funture RS232C
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletype_Model_33

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post

get your programs here? was one option.
    Sorry I don't understand.

Greetings people I have an identical machine, Rocu Roku, and the problem appeared after the power supply went out. The power supply was interrupted while the machine was running, and after that the machine managed to find the reference points on all axes, but when calling the program, it throws a start reject. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem? I am also interested in whether this machine has a battery that needs to be replaced?

Page 2 of 2 12