587,941 active members*
3,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > New huanyang VFD and spindle error EoAA

Hybrid View

Re: New huanyang VFD and spindle error EoAA

Quote Originally Posted by Padawon01 View Post
    There is literally nothing to mess up.

Ground
    R
    S

U
    V
    W

Motion control ground to terminal ground
    Motion control 0-10V to AI2 terminal
    S1-COM terminals jumped

I'm not going to add any more comments about my VFD issues here. Just sharing a free troubleshooting step with the OP. My intent is not to muck up his thread.
    Your main Power Connections should be R and T plus Ground for single phase use, Not R and S for this VFD Drive, so this needs to be corrected

What you messed up was the logic low voltage, when you did the relay connection.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Your main Power Connections should be R and T plus Ground for single phase use, Not R and S for this VFD Drive, so this needs to be corrected

What you messed up was the logic low voltage, when you did the relay connection.
    I was about to question the R & T vs the R & S for a 3-wire 240v hook up.

The first VFD that I had (same model) would not respond to R & T. I contacted the manufacturer via skype and was told to use R & S - which worked perfectly fine.

The VFD that I am using now - I never hooked up to R & T since the manufacturer said to use R & S, but after trying it, it works. So R & T it is.

Nevertheless, I have about had it with this GT-series VFD and will be trying an HY in its place.

[QUOTE=Padawon01;2500265]I was about to question the R & T vs the R & S for a 3-wire 240v hook up.

The first VFD that I had (same model) would not respond to R & T. I contacted the manufacturer via skype and was told to use R & S - which worked perfectly fine.

The VFD that I am using now - I never hooked up to R & T since the manufacturer said to use R & S, but after trying it, it works. So R & T it is.
    That is total Bs the manufacture knows better than that. if this is the case, they have not indicated that they have changed the input which is possible, this would keep it the same as most other VFD Drive manufacturers, but I doubt that this has happened as I have the schematics for this drive and there is no change

Nevertheless, I have about had it with this GT-series VFD and will be trying an HY in its place.
    The GT is a much better VFD then the regular HY VFD Drive, the GT being a little more complicated to setup but quite straight forward if you can understand how they have done the manual
    Mactec54