587,771 active members*
3,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > CNC Spindle Motor - 2.2 KW Water cooled and VFD

Hybrid View

Re: CNC Spindle Motor - 2.2 KW Water cooled and VFD

Hi,

OK, thanks.

So,after lots of thinking and deliberation, finally, I have now ordered a Mechatron 2.2kW motor and opted for a Omron MX2 VFD and a decent line filter. Not bothered with a brake resistor but can always add one if I feel the need.
    All things being well, these should arrive next week some time then the fun begins.

Thanks to everyone on here who posted opinions and other info to help with my choice, which I am hoping will turn out to be a good one.
    Like most things, at some point a decision has to be made, can't keep on reading forums and watching YouTube forever!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMarley View Post
    Hi,

OK, thanks.

So,after lots of thinking and deliberation, finally, I have now ordered a Mechatron 2.2kW motor and opted for a Omron MX2 VFD and a decent line filter. Not bothered with a brake resistor but can always add one if I feel the need.
    All things being well, these should arrive next week some time then the fun begins.

Thanks to everyone on here who posted opinions and other info to help with my choice, which I am hoping will turn out to be a good one.
    Like most things, at some point a decision has to be made, can't keep on reading forums and watching YouTube forever!

Thanks
    Any reason to choose the Omron over the Hitachi the Omron is just a relabeled Hitachi that normally cost more for the same thing

This is the best EMI filter to use, TDK Lambda RSEN-2030L, Not all are created equal, I don't know this company but it seems that they are the only one with stock at the moment. https://power.sager.com/rsen-2030l-4058416.html

Sorry they don't have it either, just get it where you can find it
    Mactec54

Hi,

I actually like the look of the Hitachi offering but found a bundle deal which included the Omron MX2 instead of the S1 Drive.

Just seemed that finding companies that had stock of everything was impossible. Adding all the extra posting / carrier / customs charges etc to buy form multiple companies turned out to be around 600 Euros more than buying the bundle deal at 1600 Euros including 2.2K Mechatron and holder, MX2 VFD, Input filter, all screened cables, connectors, tubing, collets (5um) and a Eheim water cooler system and coolant etc.
    Found this cheaper elsewhere with other companies but some parts out of stock which is the issue.

Just out of interest and nothing more, I also like the Mafell (FM1000 PV-WS) spindle with the easy tool change mechanism. That would be nice for bit changing but I am hoping the Mechatron / VFD setup is far better, especially with noise, runout, power and a better all round system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMarley View Post
    Hi,

I actually like the look of the Hitachi offering but found a bundle deal which included the Omron MX2 instead of the S1 Drive.

Just seemed that finding companies that had stock of everything was impossible. Adding all the extra posting / carrier / customs charges etc to buy form multiple companies turned out to be around 600 Euros more than buying the bundle deal at 1600 Euros including 2.2K Mechatron and holder, MX2 VFD, Input filter, all screened cables, connectors, tubing, collets (5um) and a Eheim water cooler system and coolant etc.
    Found this cheaper elsewhere with other companies but some parts out of stock which is the issue.

Just out of interest and nothing more, I also like the Mafell (FM1000 PV-WS) spindle with the easy tool change mechanism. That would be nice for bit changing but I am hoping the Mechatron / VFD setup is far better, especially with noise, runout, power and a better all round system.

Thanks
    The Mafell (FM1000 PV-WS) would not compare to the 2.2Kw spindle, while there tool change is cool, it's basically a die grinder with the added tool changer
    Mactec54

Hi,

This is the best EMI filter to use, TDK Lambda RSEN-2030L, Not all are created equal, I don't know this company but it seems that they are the only one with stock at the moment. https://power.sager.com/rsen-2030l-4058416.html

Sorry they don't have it either, just get it where you can find it
    This filter is 30A, so very generous current capability, but is a single stage filter. I prefer two stage filters:

https://nz.element14.com/schaffner/f...sis/dp/1191381

This comes from the NZ site but Element14 is worldwide, Newark in the US, Farnell in the UK. Its 16A, so less current capability, but still plenty, and 781 available globally.

Craig