587,714 active members*
5,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Askpower VFD on / off from computer

Hybrid View

Re: Askpower VFD on / off from computer

Right! I’ve managed to crack it now……for all of you that need to get this working here’s what I did.

0-10 and ground went to 10v in and ground.
    Because on the askpower VFD all connections are pre supplied with 12v all I needed to do was link forward and ground to get it to spin.

The trick that I was missing was PN07 set to 2 which allows for multi start signal. Then the other settings already discussed was PN03 to 4 (0-10) and PN04 to 2 external signal.

Thanks for all the help and I hope this finding also helps someone

Re: Askpower VFD on / off from computer

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-m View Post
    Right! I’ve managed to crack it now……for all of you that need to get this working here’s what I did.

0-10 and ground went to 10v in and ground.
    Because on the askpower VFD all connections are pre supplied with 12v all I needed to do was link forward and ground to get it to spin.

The trick that I was missing was PN07 set to 2 which allows for multi start signal. Then the other settings already discussed was PN03 to 4 (0-10) and PN04 to 2 external signal.

Thanks for all the help and I hope this finding also helps someone
    Yes, almost anyone could of told you to jumper the FWD and GND this can only be used like this for testing.

This is an unsafe practice and can't stay like this for safety, this means you have just by passed how to turn the VFD Drive on. it needs to be turned on by a switch of some type a Relay can be used or by logic,

The 0-5 output you have from the Breakout Board should turn on a Relay the Relay would then connect to the FWD and GND connection on the VFD Drive
    Mactec54