587,149 active members*
5,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: PathPilot, Mesa 7I92H and Geckodrive G540

More questions. My understanding that when Linux is installed it likes to be connected to the internet to down load packages etc. Can I use a USB WiFi dongle or do I need to use the onboard Ethernet port?

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse I’d like to use. Does The Linux (Mint) used by PathPilot support the Logitech dongles?

Cheers
    Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

Re: PathPilot, Mesa 7I92H and Geckodrive G540

Quote Originally Posted by phomann View Post
    More questions. My understanding that when Linux is installed it likes to be connected to the internet to down load packages etc. Can I use a USB WiFi dongle or do I need to use the onboard Ethernet port?

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse I’d like to use. Does The Linux (Mint) used by PathPilot support the Logitech dongles?

Cheers
    Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peter --

I've used Logitech wireless keyboards and mice with PathPilot v2 for a long time. I recall fussing around a bit to get both the keyboard and mouse to use a single Logitech USB wireless dongle. A Google search will help solve that if you want.

If PathPilot senses an internet connection it will poll for a PathPilot update and offer to download and install it. With a custom config you don't want to do that.

With an internet connection you can use PathPilot HUB for sharing G code between between your CAD/CAM station and PathPilot. HUB runs sim configs of Tormach machines.

For PWM spindle speed control look at the PCNC440 HAL file for a PathPilot example to follow. Be cautious when comparing PCNC770/1100 HAL pins to PCNC440 HAL pins. The DB25 pin assignment is different between the 770/1100 BoB and the PCNC440 MX3660 BoB/stepper driver.