587,168 active members*
3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tool Numbers

Tool Numbers

Has anyone found a simple way (utility) to number or re-number tools in your Sequence list? It would be nice to create toolpaths without having to remember the last tool number. Just create all you toolpaths an have the system either assign a number when you pick it, or re-number them after your done with your toolpaths.

It seems like such a simple thing.
    Any suggestions?

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

sequence manager

Hi Mike

I have sent in a few ideas on simplifying the sequence manager, and this was among them.

regards

Peter

i haven/t tried it yet but there is a renumbering pdi on the edgecam website. looks fairly simple and it seems to do what you were asking for. i will upload it here to save you some time
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike W.

It worked in V10. Stopped working for V11. Rick Titus knows about it. Said he was going to try to fix it when time allowed. I know he's a busy guy and everyone is asking for his time.

It was a solution to tool numbering. But I think Edgecam should number the tools automaticaly. Unless your using a Kit with pre-numbered tools. It's a simple thing that would stream line the programming process.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

it could be a good option, like something set in the preferences section. even better would be something that operations did as a default, since operations are about ease of use.most of the programmers i know, do not use toolkits and would not like the loss of control.
    Mike W.

one other thing that would be good is when selecting the tools, it should show u the list of tools that you already have in the program, so you can pick the tool, out of the list, if you are going to be using the same tool, it's much esier way then trying to remember what tool number you used for the oporation before.
    in the same window, if there is no tool that you want to use again, click the button to add new tool, and let it take the next avalible tool number, or and have the option to change the tool number if you want to use a diffrent tool number,

i used mastercam for a long time, and i know, mastercam sucks at some points, but the tool seclection is the best i seen,

if anyone is thinking of working on something like this please let me know,
    i will provide any info that i can, we still have a seat of mastercam but we purchased 2 new seats of edgecam couse we like how it works with the solids.

let me know, thanks

Exodus8931,

You can make product suggestions at the Edgecam web site. You just have to register. Please do. Its the only way things will change, is from user input.

http://www.edgecam.com/default.asp?g...port/login.asp

Mike Mattera

i submited the request
    Incident # 85479

Good job. But just so everyone knows, you submitted "a" request. Changes only happen when MANY people suggest the same thing. So those of you who have read this, and think it's a good idea also, dont think it's going to happen just because one person suggested it. You all need to suggest it if you think it's a good idea.

Mike Mattera

pams.cmd or ptams.cmd

Please help. My instalation EdgeCam does not contain file pams.cmd or ptams.cmd. I need this files for PDI command (pdi_init_pams_command_sw). For more information pdiman.hlp.

Thanks.....

THANX FOR THE PCI.... IT DOES WORK WITH V12.... IT DOSNT SEEM TO WORK IF YOU INSTALL IT INTO THE MAIN CAM DIRECTORY.. BUT IF YOU RUN IT BY ITSELF (FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU CUSTOM/RUNCOMMANDFILE/BROWSE/YOUR LOCATION)
    IT WORKS FINE.... IT IS A VERY HANDY LITTLE PCI.. THANX AGAIN!!
    DONT MIND MY SPELLING ... IM JUST A MASHINIST