Hi,
for some (seven) years I worked for a company that sold and serviced welding equipment.

We had an extensive hire fleet. In particular we had three Lincoln 575 Generator/Welders. They were capable of producing 575A welding, and I would test them to that limit
and can guarantee that they did produce 575A continuously for extended periods. They have a 50-60hp four cylinder diesel engine, and on a trailer arrangement you can tow with a car.
In addition to the weld output they have a 20kW three phase auxillary output. We had Hypertherm 85's, Hypertherm 105's and a Hypertherrm 125 plasma for hire. We absolutely insisted that if
using the 575 as a power source that the plasma be (three phase aux circuit) used but absolutely not similtaneously as the with the weld output. This was because with both running the voltage could
sag and the electronics would come under severe stress.

The Lincoln had two DC choppers at $2000 each and the power board in the plasmas ranged from $3000-$4000. If the voltage sagged all of these were at risk of blowing up.

These Lincoln 575's are big and very capable machines but the big Hypertherm plasmas made them 'sit back on their heels', don't be tempted to skimp on generator power or you will
blow your plasma to bits, I've seen and repaired the damage before, it's not pretty.

Craig