588,613 active members*
6,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: VFD Potentionometer

Quote Originally Posted by Toinvd View Post
    The +10V power for analog input is indeed a output which can deliver a maximum of 20 mA
    The return path for it is the GND analog signal common, so between these two terminals there should be 10 Volt pls. check it
    I don't know if it's only there when parameter 00-05 is set to 1
    I hope you connected the pot in the right way. The fact that your pot go's open could be that it's blown by wrong connecting
    Attachment 488582
    The picture is from the manual, but shows 12V where 10V should be
    Your diagram is incorrect for his VFD Drive, not only the 12v is incorrect, but the Pot rating is also incorrect, his VFD Drive specs has already been posted, yes it should be an output which is normal for most VFD Drives his +10v output has failed.
    Mactec54

except fot the 12v which should be 10 volt, the diagram is correct.
    The 10 Volt output is capable to deliver 20 mA so any pot which has a value greater than 500 Ohm will not overload this.
    A to high Ohm value pot wil give a to high impedance to the input which might give a non linear speed control. My experience is that any pot from 1 Kohm until 25 Kohm works perfect on the many VFD that I worked with.
    You are right most probably his +10v output has failed. to be sure, I would verify that again and be sure to use the analog signal common for the negative pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Toinvd View Post
    except fot the 12v which should be 10 volt, the diagram is correct.
    The 10 Volt output is capable to deliver 20 mA so any pot which has a value greater than 500 Ohm will not overload this.
    A to high Ohm value pot wil give a to high impedance to the input which might give a non linear speed control. My experience is that any pot from 1 Kohm until 25 Kohm works perfect on the many VFD that I worked with.
    You are right most probably his +10v output has failed. to be sure, I would verify that again and be sure to use the analog signal common for the negative pole.
    Yes, that is correct, there specs are for 1- 5K, he could use an external 10v dc supply to do the same job! or an Analog 0-10v variable supply!

There are at least 3 options for him to control the VFD speed remotely.
    Mactec54