Quote Originally Posted by jubee View Post
Thanks for the info. It all worked in the end. Excellent

Now that i stuffed around withy the Z axis home switch for fault finding i need to realign the ATC.

Any ideas ?
Its a Kiwa Excel 810 VMC with Fanuc 0-MC

I read in one post taking the brake off and moving the arm .... then adjusting the Z for the height.
Just cant work out how to move the arm
If the toolchnge magazine and tool arm are a single unit.The place to start is to check the pick up and deposit of tools in and out of the magazine using manual functions. Correct if required.

Next, drive all axis to toolchanging position and using a tool without a pull stud in the arm, use the manual functions to find out where the misalignments are. Then adjust toolchange position parameters and or tool arm position.

To move the tool arm you may need to press in the arm motor contactor button in the electrical panel, by jabbing it in little by little to align the arm, but only if no manual functions exist. Be super careful doing this and you will need a second person to help.

The tool arm might have adjustable dead stops and confirmation switches that may need attention for spindle position.

You may be able to move the arm using the motor fan with a bar in the brake to act as a lever to unlock the motor. Remove fan cover and find the brake lever hole. DON'T do this with power on, keep e-stop pressed to prevent motor running if off the switches.

You may need a service tech, because these procedures can be dangerous for the inexperienced. A good tech could do these adjustments in a few hours.